Friday, August 3, 2007

Weekend? What's that?

Technically, my "weekend" is Monday and Tuesday. But, Friday thru Sunday this weekend is New Mexico's "Tax Holiday". That means no sales tax on stuff that could conceivably be used for back-to-school. Musical instruments qualify, as do computers, clothes, furniture, and darn near anything I need. So, in the few hours that I'm not working, I'm going to be shopping for stuff for the apartment. This should be hectic, but fun. Already today, sales were up at the music store, so hopefully I'll be able to pull off a few sales to earn more commission on, too.

This morning, I got the keys to my new apartment and signed the rest of the papers. It feels good, and helped put me in a better mood than I've managed for the last couple of days. One thing that had me in a bad mood was that Juan, a fellow at work who also does house maintenance things for the bosses, was to take out the trash Wednesday. Not usually a problem. This time, however, he threw out stuff that was not anywhere near where he was supposed to be cleaning...including my carefully saved boxes and manuals for the TV, microwave, etc. and my moving boxes! I was *so* pissed!!! I got off lightly, though, because he also tossed some valuable antique toys and the collar for the Honda convertible - those were worth thousands! No chance of getting any of it back, either, since the landfill dumps the drop-off trailer every hour. Everyone was in a foul mood yesterday, I gotta tell ya.
Today was much better, though not without a few frustrations. Chem-cleaning tubas is hard work! *grin*
Tonight after work, I went to the new place and smudged it all over, every door or drawer got opened and smudged, too. Salt in the corners, and then a few prayers to bless the place. It feels like home a bit more now. When I get my stuff in, and the cats, it should take shape nicely. I feel like I've got a blank canvas to play with. I have a few of my decorative items with me, the rest are in Indiana for a while yet, but I can think of things I don't own yet that would look cool. I don't know if I'll ever have a unified style throughout, and I don't really care. I like to pull together things that have meaning to me, and if the only thing they have in common is that I like them, then so be it. Come to think of it, a lot of my friends are like that...I honestly don't know if they'd ever meet or be friends without that common bond. Not being egotistical, really, just another example of the magic of the web of life.
Time to head up the hill and start getting a load packed up to drop at the apartment tomorrow. It will be nice to have internet at home (Tuesday sometime) and not have to go out to find wi-fi. Not to say that I won't go out once in a while, but having the choice is much better. Things are definitely looking up.

1 comment:

Sandy Marie said...

My comment may be a few days old - but better late than never. I'M REALLY EXCITED that you finally found a good place. I can't wait to visit. But honestly I hope it's a little bit as I'm flat broke :-(
Love Ya