Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hippo Birdie Two Meece

Yeeha. I'm 42. I suppose I should make sure to pack my towel, now that I've reached the age of "life, the universe and everything"....thank you, Douglas Adams! *grin*

It's been a pretty laid back day. Gotta tell ya what my kid brother did, though. He and his lady wife sent me a package for my birthday. The card addressed to me in the box said that they hadn't been able to pick a card, so they just sent a bunch for me to pick from. He wasn't kidding! There are over 50 vintage cards, all occasions, most unused, in the box! He also threw in two sizes of micrometers (very handy), a wooden foot massage roller, a brass treble clef paperweight, a pack of candy, a set of "spy-ears" (didn't quite survive the trip intact, but fixable), and a Champion model Swiss Army knife. I feel so MacGyver now! I had to laugh at all the cards, but they are older than I am, and some are quite cute. Oh, and the real card did have a $20 bill in it, folded into a shirt shape. *shakes head* I have got to come up with something equally odd for him one of these days, but he's hard to beat in the joke department. Honest! If you think I'm quick-witted and funny, you gotta meet him...people can tell he's my brother, that's for sure.
I've gotten more online comments and messages, too, and that's awfully nice. Haven't heard from some folks I'd like to hear from, but I'm not really surprised at that. It's no big deal. I have come to realize that, just because it's my birthday, the world does not completely revolve around me. Damned disheartening to a Leo, but that's the way it is. ;-)
I got a Freecycle futon today for the living room. Easier to deal with than a couch. It needs a touch of repair, some of the wooden slats are falling out and need nailed/glued. The mattress is in good shape, with a washable cover. It'll be nice once I get it all put back together again. Ghost kitty is already comfy on the mattress.
Now if I can just get the outgoing email to work consistently. I don't know why it's acting up, but it's frustrating. So, if I owe you an email, I'm trying!!!

No comments: