Monday, August 13, 2007

Warning: Venting Ahead

You've been warned.
This wasn't supposed to be such a crappy day! Really! I was all happy, looking forward to getting my cable tv hooked up, and spending some time getting the apartment spruced up. So what happened? My phone's out again, no dial tone. My internet was out, too, but now it's on again. I don't know for how long, though. And the cable dude was over 3 hours late, made me late for a training session at work, and then drove off without doing the install! What a jerk!
The training session at work was mostly useless today, stuff I already know. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Frankly, I hate the idea of giving up part of my days off, but since there's not much I can do here at home, I might as well go in, right?
I'm just so stressed and frustrated that I could scream! I have spent more time talking to tech support in the last 7 days than I have in the last 7 years!!! Argh!

One bright note. I found out last night that Mother Grove (my fave band) is going to be playing at Fiddler's Hearth in South Bend (my fave pub) on 12/21, Yule night! I am saving my money so I can go and have a nice Yule vacation. Something to look forward to, for sure!

Anyway, here I sit, on the floor. Can't watch TV, don't want to go to bed, nowhere to go, and I'm out of books to read. Must be Monday?

I did go out and watch the meteor shower last night. Drove about 10 miles outside of town, and sat on the truck hood for about an hour or so. I didn't think to take a blanket, so it was a bit chilly. I stayed as long as I could, and did get to see and wish on many shooting stars. It was really beautiful. Would have been a good night to camp out with someone special and watch the stars all night. Maybe next year.

More later when I'm feeling better. I don't want to inflict all my negativity on my readers!

No comments: