Friday, August 10, 2007

Good news, bad news, good news.....

Good news: I have my truck back, and I can really tell the difference in how she handles.
Bad news: The bill came to $1051.78. Not as bad as it could have been, but ouch.
Good news: My paycheck was enough to cover that, since commissions were in this one.
Bad news: There's not enough left for the rest of the bills. I think I can make the truck payment, but that's all.
Good news: I have gas in the tank and food in the cupboard. It should be enough to get me through the next 2 weeks. If the gas runs too low, I know that I can bike to work.

That's a pretty good summary, I think.
Seriously, I was very thankful that I had enough in this paycheck to get my truck fixed. It really needed to be done. As for getting through the next couple of weeks/months, well, I'll take that as it comes. It'll be tight, but I think I can make it.
This does change some of my plans a bit, though. I was going to go to Bubonicon 39, the local Sci-fi con in ABQ. My registration is already paid, but I can't afford the hotel now. Sleeping in the truck is still an option, as is driving home each night (not ideal, by any means!), and maybe I can find crash space in the gopher hole if they have one. I'm planning to volunteer and help out, so that might lead to a place to crash. All this depends on whether I can get time off, of course, but I can at least go down for Saturday night's costume ball. We'll see. I've got a couple of weeks till then.
Another plan that may be affected is my trip back to Indiana to get my stuff. Renting that truck to get back here is not going to be cheap, nor is flying to Indiana. Other variables in that paradigm are the possibility of a training seminar in Indy (the store might help with costs there), and what else I can accomplish while back in the Midwest. I sure would love to catch a concert or two!
Furnishing the apartment is on hold, of course, though I am scouring Craigslist and Freecycle for freebies! There's even a column in the Sunday paper for freecycling type stuff. Pretty cool.
That's about all I can think of for now. I'm settling into a bit of a routine, trying to make this apartment feel like home. Now, if I can just get the cats to settle down and let me sleep at night, I'll be doing fine! ;-)

No comments: