Monday, August 27, 2007

Back to cold reality

*sigh* The con is over. What a weekend! I really needed it, and hope to be able to go to MileHiCon in Denver around Samhain.
After a wonderful dinner last night, and the drive home, I got a good night's sleep so I could face the day. I hate job hunting. Don't know anyone who really likes it, but it's hard to me.
I got a fair number of applications put in online, and sent my newly tweaked resume where I could. The biggest obstacles seem to be my lack of current paperwork (transcripts, NM driver's license, any useful certifications)and not quite having enough experience in the right things, like certain computer programs or positions of import.
The other thing that seems to trip me up is choosing what to put on my resume. I've had so many jobs that are so varied, it gets difficult to show a coherent skill set. That, and maybe I just still don't know what I want to be when I grow up....
I've got plenty of possibilities, it just takes time to pursue them. I'll keep y'all posted!

No comments: