Thursday, August 30, 2007

Working on working

I've been putting out resumes and applications this week. There's a great job at the Public Library that I'd love to get, but the city application is huge! I'm having trouble remembering what jobs I worked when! I've got the dates for when I worked at the bookmobile, at least, and that's the most important one other than the most recent stuff.
Wish me luck on this job, it'd be nice to get back into library work again.

Not much else happening, really. I've got rent and as many bills paid as I could, and now I'm flat broke. I did manage to get my futon put together yesterday, and it's nice to have a couch to sit on while I work on stuff. Next step, a table or desk.
I did pick up a few inexpensive art supplies, so I can start some projects. If I get some done, I'll enter them in the art show for MileHiCon. I've gotten a flatbed scanner from FreeCycle, too, so that will help with my "art career".

I do have groceries, so tonight's dinner is Teriyaki Tofu over rice. Not quite how I wanted it to turn out, but tasty. I'm still learning to cook some of the dishes I like, but as long as my experiments turn out edible, I'm content. Practice will help, I'm sure. It's also hard to cook for just myself!

I've also been keeping my spirits up by looking at my options for going back to IN at Yuletide. A flight with one or two stops is quite affordable, but I'll wait and book when I have the rest of the logistics figured out, like whether to fly into Indy or Chicago. Either way has good things to recommend it!

So that's where things are for now. Boring, I'm sure, but sometimes boring is a nice change of pace.

No comments: