Friday, August 31, 2007

Just an update

Today I worked with the Unemployment Benefits people in two states. NM can't do anything at all, since my employment here doesn't show up in their records yet. So I managed to get hold of IN. This week will count as my "wait week", so it'll be at least another week and a half before I see anything from them, if it even gets approved. So that's all I can do on that.
I turned in my application to the city, for the library job. I gave them as much info as I could, and I hope it's enough to at least get the interview. Once I'm in the interview, I should be fine. Again, waiting time kicks in, especially since there's a holiday Monday and all offices are closed.
I'm having a harder time keeping myself positive. I don't know if it's the holiday, the skewed diet (conserving what I've got), being off the moon-time meds or just plain being alone, but add that to the rest, and it's getting tough.
I know that if it weren't for being able to keep in touch with my friends online, I'd be in far worse shape. Having my cats here helps, too, even when they squabble. If this apartment were any emptier, I'd be in trouble.
I'm trying to use The Secret, but I admit it's difficult right now. Gotta keep trying, though, because I know it works.
That's all for now.

No comments: