Saturday, September 1, 2007

Lazy day

It's Saturday. A holiday weekend, to boot. Whoop-de-do.
On the bright side, I do have some Boca Burgers, even if I can't exactly grill them!

Spent part of the morning working on an art project. Santa Fe is celebrating its 400th birthday this year and next. The actual date's a bit fuzzy, but as near as we can tell... ;-) There's a contest for the logo for the celebrations. Deadline is Sept. 15th, and I'm working up the idea that popped into my head. It can't hurt to enter the contest, and that $2000 prize is mighty attractive!
I'm also getting some more ideas of how to make my art more unique for the art show at MileHiCon. No, I'm not going to spill the beans yet.
I've also got some writing I may do. Right now, it's just fragments, though.

Stopped by the local Home Depot. Their HR guy is out till Tuesday, so I'll go back then and see about getting work there. Had fun poking around their garden section, seeing what plants are there, and getting IDs on some I'd seen growing in medians.
Also stopped up at the mall, and put in an app at the cooking/fancy food store. Hey, I watch Food Network, I can sell this stuff!
Tomorrow and Monday are pretty much going to be washouts for job hunting, so I'll use that time to research more places to apply to. Thank goodness for online papers! Saves me a buck that I don't have, at least.

Speaking of cheap/free... On Sundays the Museum of Fine Arts is free to NM residents. They just opened an exhibit on the Egyptian excavations of Wm. Flinders Petrie! I'm hoping that's included in the free admission, because I really want to see it. If not, there's still the rest of the museum. I can bike up there and have a nice afternoon. Might take the sketchbook and see what I can do, too.

No comments: