Monday, September 17, 2007

Taking the plunge.

I finally did it. I went down and got my NM driver's license. If that doesn't convince everyone that I'm here for the duration, I guess nothing will. I'll get my license plates and registration in a few weeks, when they get my title info from Indiana. By then I darn well better be working!!
Found more jobs to apply for, and I'm working on the forms for those. I hate filling out applications, but it's got to be done, especially when going after governmental jobs. But that's where the money seems to be, so that's where I'm going.
After all the running around, I came back home to re-organize myself. Sometimes I just need to think about other things, too. Watched another episode of The Dresden Files. I am really liking this show! Did some more planning and thinking about MileHiCon next month. It's gonna be fun, I'm sure. Of course, I'm thinking ahead to my Yule trip, too! Even when I'm broke, I can scout out things that would make good gifts for my friends.
Guess I'd better get back to paperwork.

4 comments:

Mishalak said...

Yay, MileHiCon! Have you worked out where you're going to stay? Did you discuss it and I missed it?

Harriet said...

Tim had mentioned something about having a room or crash space available, but it's not rock solid. I'd be willing to share with someone if they need/want a roomie. Hope to have enough money to get a room if I need to, and worst case scenario is sleep in the truck.

princessmatilda said...

harriet....you probably already know about this, but i thought it might brighten your day. and who knows? maybe you can find a new lead from it. you have a strong heart and an even stronger spirit...hang in there!!

Gerry Carthy - Traditional Irish Music
SEE GERRY AT THE INN@LORETTO HOTEL IN SANTA FE ON SUNDAY NITES 7-9PM

angel

Harriet said...

Thanks, I know Gerry slightly, nice guy. If there's a cover, I'll have to pass, but I know he plays a local pizza place that's not charging cover, too.
Thanks for the thought!!