Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ouch

Toothaches suck. I know it's just a minor infection and swelling from getting a piece of popcorn husk stuck, but it hurts, dammit! I've got some liquid anesthetic stuff, but it doesn't get to the place where the pressure hurts. It's pretty much killed my appetite for today, which is okay because I can't chew on that side right now. Therefore, in order to at least get some nutrition into my system, I'm drinking a Guinness. Liquid Bread, gotta love it. Hopefully it will help me sleep tonight, as well.
The rest of today was pretty routine. I did take my bike in to get the tire fixed, so that'll help me get out of the apartment more often. In order to get out for a bit today, I sat at my favorite cafe for a while to work on job apps and read the want ads. A bit of a scenery change, at least. I do have some more places to go tomorrow, so maybe I'll have good news soon.
I can definitely tell that the seasons are changing. The days are shorter and cooler, and the rain doesn't come as often. It's good weather for walking or biking, too. I'll keep from using the truck as much as possible, not only to conserve gasoline, but also for the exercise.
It's getting harder to stay positive, and the physical pain right now isn't helping. Looking forward to my trips helps, but I still don't quite know how I'm going to manage them. Just gotta trust that it'll all work out right.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hey! I've been lurking on your blog for a while... and see you in the Mother Grove forum too. (Remember, they're MY elves.)

Hang in there, lots of people are thinking about you, even when you don't know they are. Good karma wishes being sent your way!

Harriet said...

Aww, thanks Anne!
Don't worry, I have my own elves to look at. One of these days I might even catch one to keep!