Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Getting used to the routine

Three days of work down, and I think I'm getting less achy now. I'm doing a fair amount of lifting, bending, crouching and the like, and while it doesn't usually hurt while I'm doing it all, once I stop I get stiff and sore. I finally have been getting some sleep, and that helps a lot. Now if I can just settle my dreams down a bit...
I'm still rather stressed over my finances, of course. My cell phone's off since I couldn't pay the bill, the rent's going to be very late, and I don't want to think about my student loans, cable tv and phone/internet. I'm explaining the situation to them all, but that doesn't mean they will be nice about it. I'll get a tiny check on Friday, and then I should start seeing money next week from the full-time gig. If I can just keep my energy levels up and work my ass off, I should be able to catch up eventually. Eventually.
I won't deny that I'm still very frustrated. I really wanted a different lifestyle out here, not working my ass off just to catch up and keep up. I am going to try my best to get involved socially and have a life outside of work. I'm making friends, which is a great help, even though they're in Abq and Denver. When I've got some money, I'll be able to go out to some local places here, too.
Time to get cleaned up for bed. More when I get a chance.

No comments: