Friday, September 7, 2007

Crash recovery

I swear, if I get a desktop PC again, I'm going back to Linux.
I got majorly virused this week. And of course, all my discs and stuff are out of date. Worst part is, I was trying to update the virus program at the time... Long story short, I had to take my laptop to the shop. I know, I'm supposed to be the help desk, geek grrl, etc. Well, there's only so much I can do without the proper tools. But I'm finally back up and running. Thank heavens!
Let's catch up a bit. I'm still not working, but should be in at Home Depot by next weekend. Not the greatest, but it's work, full-time, and they are cool with me dropping back to part-time when I get the job I really want. Still waiting to hear back from the library, but since it's a City job, I know there's a lot of red tape to get through for that.
I'm still getting encouragement from my friends, and that has really helped this week. When I was offline, I even got some phone calls. Very cool.
I've been doing a lot of walking this week. The patch kit I got for my bike tire doesn't help, because I can't get the bloomin' tyre off!! I know it's a tube tire, but it's like it's glued in or something. And of course it's the rear tire, and I don't have a way to take the wheel off..... So I walk. It's not too bad, really, as the weather is nice. Most everything I'd need is within walking distance, luckily. I think I have just enough gas to get to the gas station eventually, so I'm saving it till then.
I think I figured out why I felt so woozy on Sunday at the museum. I should have realized that I was PMSing! Takes it right out of me, that time does, and since I've been out of meds for it, I forgot it was coming! Duhhh! I'm okay now, just waiting for it all to end. Maybe it's a good thing not to ride bike this week?
Been having interesting dreams this week. I think I've actually slept better this last couple of weeks than I was for a while. Maybe it's the change in stress level? I thought I'd be more stressed now. Maybe I am, and my body is trying to make up for it with sleep? Hard to say. Either way, I'm not telling you what I've been dreaming! I might incriminate myself! LOL

1 comment:

Mishalak said...

I read on the BBC that there was some virus going around on. Let's see... Ah here is the information. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6970368.stm

"The fake entries contain weblinks that lead to booby-trapped downloads that could infect a Windows PC." This the thing that happened to you?