Sunday, September 2, 2007

Worn out!

I made it to the museum today. The bike ride and walk must have taken more out of me than I thought, because I kept getting light-headed at the museum and eventually had to sit down for about 15 minutes with my bottle of water, a food bar, and a cold paper towel on my neck. After that I was fine, but toward the end of my visit, I started getting cold! Too strange! Made it home alright, but didn't feel like doing much of anything for the rest of the day.
The Museum of Fine Art is surprisingly small to me. True, both sculpture gardens are closed while work is being done, so maybe it's bigger when everything is open. I did go ahead and spend the $5 to go through the 'Excavating Egypt' exhibit. It was worth it. Some very nice pieces, both large and small, and well presented. There was also information on how the excavations were done, and the historical context of the discoveries as well as of the artifacts. It was funny to me that I actually recognized a few of the displayed pieces from books I'd read! I didn't take any sketches, though, since the lighting was dim and I was still feeling a bit wonky.
I'm sure glad I made it home when I did - it started raining buckets about half an hour later! I curled up with my laptop and did some writing, then made myself some dinner. I'm still not sure whether it was my blood pressure or my blood sugar that crashed earlier, but I made sure to drink plenty of water and eat something tonight.
I think I'll go to bed a bit early, too. Tomorrow's pretty much a 'nothing-to-do' day, so it's a good time to clean house and try to organize my stuff a bit more.

No comments: