Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hairy Hat Has a Home! Hooray!!

At long last, I've found a place that feels right. Surprisingly, it's an apartment in town, not a house. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, nice size, good kitchen. It'll do just fine. I've already arranged for phone/internet and cable tv. Gotta have the essentials, y'know?
I'll get my key this Friday, and move in over the weekend and my days off next week. Phone/net service will be active on Monday, cable the Monday following. Gotta find a good time to do the proper move-in rituals, too.
It's on the third floor (ouch!) but that's actually good for catching the breezes and staying cool without relying on the a/c as much. The corners in the stairs and hall are wide enough that moving things in shouldn't be too much of a problem. Sure would be nice if I could get a couple of strong guys to help with furniture when I get any! Might have to import a couple, huh? ;-)
I am very relieved to have found a good place. I was really beginning to worry and stress on it. For those who know me personally, you'll know how to get my address and phone number. The rest of you....who are you, anyway?? LOL
So now I get to pack my stuff back up and explain to the cats that it's just a short trip, not a three-day marathon. Then comes the fun of furniture shopping for the essentials, and figuring out where to put things, and.... Actually, the first step is to email the important people and groups and let them know where I am! That may take a while....
And of course, I'll have to figure out when I can get back to IN to get the rest of my stuff! Rather important, that, now that I have a place to put it!
I guess I'd better get busy on the emails. I will post pics of the new place when I get a chance. Thanks for all the energy and support, folks!!!

No comments: