Monday, July 9, 2007

Busy Monday

Lots to do today!
Woke up relatively early, about 7:00. Mama Gladys called at 7:30 to confirm that she and Papa Ron were coming down today for his doctor's appointment and our lunch date. Way cool.
Just in case they wanted to stop by my little apartment, I spent a couple of hours doing a thorough tidying up and rearranging. (Note to self: buy some bookends!) They ended up not having time to stop out at the house, but I still feel better having cleaned up.
We met at the mall at noon, and I gave the folks the nickel tour of my workplace. Both were favorably impressed, and they got to meet my bosses as well. Off to lunch after that. I was going to try the Plaza Cafe, but the traffic/parking mess was typical, so we decided to hit the Baking Co. Cafe instead. The sandwiches were a big hit, and I got the asian salad. Yummy. There was enough breeze for us to eat outside on the patio. The tables have umbrellas, so it was very comfortable.
When I took them back to the mall (we'd carpooled to lunch) I gave Mama some cookbooks I'd found, with diabetic friendly recipes, and a copy of my family's cookbook with the stories in it.
Papa's doctor appointment went well, and he's got a follow up on Friday, so they'll stop by the store to say hi and pick up a package that's getting shipped to me for them. Easier than shipping it clear up to their place and having to pick it up at the local diner!

My next task was to go out to Cochiti Lake, south of Santa Fe, and look at a house for rent. It's nice, but a bit on the small side. The rent's a bit more than I'd like to pay, and the houses on that street are all attached, too. I think I'll have to pass on that one, as nice as the area is. I think I'd feel too crowded.
So, I've made a few more calls, trying to contact people with places for rent. Left voicemail where I could, and now I'm stalled out till tomorrow, I guess. Time to work with The Secret some more.

Back into town again, checking the commute time/distance from Cochiti Lake, and stopped at work to get an order figured out for sax pads. Gotta have 'em, and if they get ordered tomorrow, they will get here in decent time, I hope. That's been my biggest frustration, really, just being out of parts and needing tools and supplies. Not an insurmountable problem, just inconvenient. I'm not used to having to order parts, since that was never really my job at the Woodwind. Just more to learn!

Tomorrow, I think I'll do laundry, check on some more housing options, and see what I can do for fun. Might be a good time to run into ABQ for no reason at all ;-)
TTFN!

No comments: