Monday, July 23, 2007

Magical monday?

Went to see Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix today. Even a matinee is $6.75! It was worth it, though, as the theater was free of screaming children ;-) I really enjoyed the movie. They did a good job on this one, and the combat scenes were really good. I also picked up my copy of HP7 this past Saturday, and yeah, I read it all the way through that night. I laughed, I cried, it was a very satisfactory ending. No spoilers here, kids, read it yourself!! LOL
On the house front, I have gotten my deposit back from the 5 br trailer, no problem. I had a feeling that was not the right place for me. I've heard back from the lady with the 3br trailer on 10 acres in Los Cerrillos. She is waiting to hear back from the current tenant on arrangements to show me the place. I'm glad she's keeping in touch with me, and told her I'm definitely still interested in the place. I'm still scoping out the ads every day, just in case.
I'm starting to get anxious to be in a place of my own soon. I know I'll need to come up with furniture, since even when I go back to Indiana for my stuff there will be things I need. A real bed, not just my futon (which will go in the guest room, I think), furnishings for the 2nd bedroom if needed, maybe curtains and such. I'll know more once I see and get my new place. Things other than furniture, I have most of what I need. But I know I need to get chairs, a couch and beds here. Thank heavens for yard sales and Goodwill! I've also been told of a couple of stores that have decently priced but still stylish furnishings. Lucky for me that my usual decorating style is "eclectic shabby chic with pagan overtones"! Gods, it'll be nice to be able to set up a permanent altar again!
It will also be nice to have a bedroom that I can shut the cats out of. I love the little beggars dearly, but their squabbling is not conducive to restful sleep. I have had bouts of insomnia and poor sleep patterns ever since I can remember, and don't need the added disruptions. I'm doing better, but still not feeling as rested as I'd like. I think getting into my own space will help, especially as I'll be able to fix the Feng Shui and other influences to my own liking. It's hard to feel comfortable doing one's usual rituals in a borrowed space.
So that's where I'm at right now. Waiting for pieces to fall into place. Familiar feeling, ain't it? That's ok by me - better right than rushed!!

1 comment:

Sandy Marie said...

You know how I usually have one candle that I light - and I add everyone to it? I have one for just you - with a house and a heart on it.

LoveYa