Sunday, June 24, 2007

T. G. I. S.?

Hmmm....this Wednesday thru Sunday schedule is going to take some getting used to. All the fun stuff happens on weekends, of course, but so far it also seems to run the same hours during the day! Guess my social life is going to have to wait till I can figure out what goes on in the evenings!
It's Sunday, I'm at work (12-5, not bad), and it's actually been a bit busy. I'm the only one here on Sundays, so I'm mainly out front dealing with customers. My work day is half over already, and I haven't touched a horn yet! Not complaining, mind you, since I have sold a few things.
....An hour or so later....
Well, that was certainly interesting! I think I just used every bit of Spanish in my brain! Spent a while with a customer talking about saxophones, and ended up selling him a lesson book, care kit and a couple of reeds. I know I didn't understand everything he said, but we managed to have a decent conversation. Boy, do I need that language course on CD soon! Pretty proud of myself, actually, considering that I haven't taken a course in Spanish in "mumble,mumble" years...
Anyway, only 45 minutes to go, so I'd better get off of here and start tidying up!

2 comments:

Sandy Marie said...

John B. and I used to laugh about speaking Mass Transit Spanish - just enough to get us where we wanted to go, via the buses.
:-) Sandy / Mom

Harriet said...

Hmm...maybe this is "Retail Spanglish"?