Wednesday, June 20, 2007

First official day at work

My week of 'vacation' is over, and I'm actually glad to be really working now. I did do some more shopping today, but it was a quick run to the Santa Fe Jewelers' Supply store (www.sfjs.net) for some essential tools and Home Depot for a few other items for work. I'll let you do your own drooling over the jewelry supply store....
Work hours are going to be 10 - 6 Wed-Sat, and 12 - 5 on Sunday, it looks like, but since I'm on salary, I still get paid for a full time week. Wow. Of course, since I have keys, I am permitted to go in early or stay late if needed. There may be a couple of projects where I need to do that, actually, so I appreciate the flexibility!

On a more personal note...I finally got to talk to Matti yesterday! It was just a short phone call, but he actually answered the phone. He's ok, tired as heck, very busy, but doing alright. Insert sigh of relief here... There's also a possibility that he'll go to the Gaelic Storm concert with me on the 29th. We'll see. I think he could use some fun downtime, and I know I could, too.

Tonight's internet connection is courtesy of the Counter Culture Cafe on Baca St. Nice place, decent food, good selection of coffees, pastries, sandwiches, soups and salads. Lots of vegetarian options, too, which is a plus. I am trying to go veggie as much as I can, for health reasons. No more fast food if I can manage to avoid it.

That's about all I can think of for now. Here's a pic for ya:
This is the house that my apartment is in. The corner by the truck is my room.

1 comment:

Sandy Marie said...

I was just about to text you to ask you how your first day at work went. , lol. The pictures are wonderful - now you can keep us up to date. Try and get some shots of the concert.
:-) Sandy