Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Da Trip: Made It!!!!

So, here I am in Santa Fe. Wow!

I got into town about 11 a.m., much earlier than I had originally thought I would. The trip went that smoothly, and I am so thankful for all the good juju and energy that got me here.

I did realize this morning that I had lost one of the rainshields on the truck, the gray plastic thing over the top of the window on the driver’s-side back door. No biggie, I can get another one. Frankly, if that’s the only thing to go wrong on the trip, I’m ecstatic!!

Anyway, my first stop was at the DeVargas Center store. Checked in, got my post office box, and better directions to my new digs. I’m not putting my mailing address in the blog, of course, you’ll have to get it from me elsewhere!

I got to the house around noonish. Let me tell you, the views are great, but the “road” that leads up to it is a one-lane, twisting, hairpinned, cliffhanger!!! Makes the road up to the Mountain Home in Chama look like an interstate. Good thing I’m not afraid of heights! The house is amazing. Very nice, and if I were rich, I’d think about buying it (it is for sale, hence I am temporary along with it) if it had more workshop room.

My little room/apartment is so neat. The main room is about 15 ft. square, but two of the corners are clipped, one of them being a fireplace. I think they call it kiva-style, as it is rounded, smooth adobe/stucco finish, with a small arched opening like an old fashioned oven. Very pretty. I will post pics, honestly, but for now, here’s a quick description. Walk in the door, and turn right. The bed comes out at an angle from the next corner (a clipped corner). It’s a full-size, with a wrought metal headboard. Next wall, straight in front of you, is 3 windows, with a wonderful view down the canyon. Left from that is the fireplace corner, then the next wall has 4 windows. It’s almost like having no walls at all, and makes it so much more spacious in feel. Under the 4-window wall is a round table with 2 chairs. Next corner to the left has two small steps up to the bathroom door. More on that in a second. Then the final wall has a large closet with twin folding doors, and finally the kitchenette area. A fridge, small gas stove with oven, a bit of counter and a large sink. Lots of cupboards, thank goodness.
The bathroom is sheer luxury to me! A Jacuzzi tub! There's a separate shower stall, all glass walled. Nice sink with counter space, and cabinets and drawers for my stuff. The kitties are in there for now, till they settle in a bit and hopefully the dog outside won't freak when they show themselves in the window.

Most everything's unpacked, and some things went to the garage for now. I do have my big TV hooked up -Direct TV demands more than a 15 inch screen! The only downside to home is that I don't have internet in my room. We'll see what can be done, but for now I'll just hit hotspots in town.
Right now I am at the SantaFe Baking Co. Cafe. I just got done getting a few things at Trader Joe's. I'm eating a wonderful Mandarin Chicken Salad, drinking herbal iced tea (Red Zinger, I think) and sitting outside. Ahhhhh.............
I do plan to hit Wal-Mart after this, so I can get other essentials, like catfood. Then back to the house.
More tomorrow, but I gotta check email! Bye!

No comments: