Monday, June 25, 2007

A Nice Day Off

Ok, it's Monday, so no work for me today. Lots of errands, and laundry, so at least I'm not bored!
Found a nice laundromat, and did a couple of small loads of washing. Not bad, and had time to call a friend while the clothes were in the washer. Clothes do seem to dry faster out here! Price was reasonable, same as the laundromat I used to use in Elkhart a few years ago.
Next stop, a late lunch and internet at the SF Baking Co. Cafe. Had a wonderful Tofu & Black Bean Burrito with tomatoes, onions, cheese and green chilies. Couldn't finish it, so there's a snack for later! Seriously, this thing was huge.
Next stop is Trader Joe's, since it's right here in the same plaza. Just a few essentials, bread, milk, etc.
A quick stop at the library to trade books and then I think I'm done for the day.
Tomorrow, I'm going to call back a lady I spoke with today about a house for rent out in Pecos. That's only about 10 miles further from where I'm currently staying, so not too far to commute. We'll see. It's worth taking a look at, anyway, even if I decide not to get this one. Housing is expensive out here, no doubt. I think I may talk to my bank people and see what can be done about buying, just to see what budget range I should be looking in. I'm not in a hurry, but the more info I have, the better.
Catch y'all later!

No comments: