Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trying something very new

I have decided to take the plunge, and participate in this year's NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writers Month. The goal is to start on 11/1, and write a novel of 50,000 words or more by midnight on 11/30. The motto is, "no plot? no problem!", and I haven't a clue what to write yet. The main thing is to write, and see where it takes me.
I've written short stories (many NSFW and not to be shared), but never tried to do anything this major. I don't know yet if I'll post it anywhere, and if I do, it'll be after editing. I'm debating whether to do a mystery, fantasy (ok, they all are, but...), or historical novel. I could combine them all, with the way my mind works, and not even be trying to!
I think it's neat that NaNoWriMo is in November. Samhain season! Samhain is a good time to let go of the old and embrace the new. So I'm going to release the fears connected with my creative side, and do something that I wouldn't normally do. Should be interesting, at the very least.
Oh, if you want to know more....www.nanowrimo.org is the main site. You can still sign up till literally the last minute!

No comments: