Saturday, November 10, 2007

Quick update before work

Ok, so last night I came down to Abq to look at a couple of places. The apartment next to my friend Roslee's is small, but not impossibly so. It does have a nice backyard (can you say yurt?), and I got a good feel from the owners. The one drawback is that it won't be ready till next weekend. Still, it looks good, and I'm filling out the application. The other place I looked at is not in a good neighborhood, which is a shame. It's also crowded onto the lot with another house/unit, and looks rather shabby. Pass on that one, I think. I'm glad I waited till this morning to go see it, because I'm not sure I'd have been comfortable looking at night. Another red flag against that one.
I crashed on a friend's couch last night, so am still in Abq for a bit. I have to be at work in SF in just under 3 hours, though, so will head out soon.
The friends that I stayed with last night suggested that I see if one of our other friends could board the cats while I borrow their couch till the apartment's ready. I may see if the other friend could just put me up, too, but I am shy about asking. Plus, I have to work HD today (2-11 p.m.), tomorrow (9-6) and Monday (6-11 p.m.), so I might as well stay in SF for those days. I am tired of being in the truck, but I think I want to wait and get the kitties into a permanent place instead of confusing them with more temporary places.
The cats have really been troupers, I gotta say. They are getting better at letting me put them back into the crate when I have to, and are really hanging in there. I will be glad to get them stabilized again, as I think their tummies are a bit upset from all the strangeness.
Time to head out. More news as I have it!

2 comments:

Linasolopoesie said...

BUONA SERATA E BUONA DOMENICA.....LINA

Harriet said...

Mille grazie!