Sunday, November 4, 2007

Giving myself a treat

After 3 nights in the truck, I decided that I deserved a night in a motel. I am now clean, warm and comfortable, at least for one night. It's 8:30, and I'm in for the night. The kitties are fed and watered, and have the run of the truck for the night. They should be warm enough, and have my blankets and pillows to burrow into. I'm at this little place called the Thunderbird Inn. Talk about an old school motor lodge! This place was here when this was Route 66! Classic adobe style architecture, whitewashed, with pictures painted on portions of the walls. The room is cozy, and the front desk fellow was very courteous.
I have a line on a couple of places to live, but as I said earlier, it'll probably be later this week till I can get into one. I don't work HD again till Thursday, so that gives me time to look around some more.
My horoscope keeps saying that there's good stuff on the way. My friends are pulling for me. I am confident that good things will be happening soon. For tonight, the little pleasures are enough.

No comments: