Friday, February 8, 2008

Makin' some bread, man....

Today's been a busy day and a laid-back one at the same time.
Started off by running over to the post office to send off a car payment from my last paycheck. Then I went over and donated plasma for some money. Hey, it's an income of sorts, even if it's not much. They had the movie "Saving Silverman" playing, and it's a really dumb flick that had us all laughing. After that, I swung by the grocery to get some shortening. Got margarine instead, as it's way cheaper and made of the same stuff. Why margarine/shortening? I'm making bread!
I guess the bread bug bit me yesterday when I was applying for a job at a local bakery. We've got the ASFS meeting tonight, so I'm taking homemade rolls, herb butter and honey butter. Yum! The rolls are in the oven right now, and already smelling wonderful.
Got a new CD today that I'd ordered a while back. The East Village Opera Company. Same idea as Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but with vocals, doing opera arias and overtures. It was a most excellent rocking CD, and I could still sing along with the arias I remember from college. "Nessun Dorma" is an all-time favorite of mine.
Tomorrow afternoon, I'm getting my tarot/astrology reading, and then Sunday evening, I'm doing a reading for a friend. Should be an interesting weekend!

2 comments:

Frederick Smith said...

Hi Harriet, I have a buddy who needs to donate plasma for some quick cash - his first time. I heard there are two places in the SB area. I'm only a little bit familiar with that city. Where does one go to do this? A quick google search revealed nothing - well, except for your blog that is ;)

Harriet said...

Oh, crap, I thought I got that fixed...I'm not in SB anymore. I'm in New Mexico!
The place in SB used to be on Western Ave, I think, but I'm not sure.