Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

And what an adventure it was getting home...
The traditional New Year's Eve snowstorm was right on time, which meant that my flight home was anything but. Over 3 hours delayed, but at least it wasn't cancelled! Landed in Abq at about 12:30, and couldn't get a cab for over an hour! Got home about 2:30, and went to bed as soon as I got warmed up and wound down. And some idiot tried to call me at 7 a.m. Grrr! I got up for a bit around 9, then decided to go back to bed till I was less grumpy.
The sleep was just what the cats and I needed, I think, because when I got up for real, I felt a lot better. Lazed around a bit, got a good hot shower, eventually got dressed and went to the store. Picked up a few perishable essentials, and made my traditional New Year's dinner of fried cabbage with onions and garlic, blackeyed peas, sweet potatoes and cornbread. Yummy!
Now, to finish unpacking, clean up a bit more and get ready to go back to work tomorrow.
Happy New Year everyone, and may 2008 bring us all the good things we want and deserve!

No comments: