Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yes, I'm alive.

High time that I got back to blogging. My apologies for the lapse/hiatus, school and work and life...eh, you know the drill.
As of June 12th, I officially joined the ranks of the unemployed. Our call center closed down, after a long and drawn out period of false hopes and corporate assmillinery. I am getting unemployment insurance, but apparently that disqualifies me for food stamps. Things are tight, and I haven’t managed to get either of my vehicles running, though thankfully the scooter is repaired and back with me. I haven’t had my truck running since March, and apparently it needs a new engine (blown head gasket).
My friend Tom has moved in with me, and that helps. He’s only working part-time for now, but it’s better than nothing, and he may be able to get the food stamps that I couldn’t. We just got a better futon couch handed down to us, so at least he can sleep comfortably. He’s a good guy to have around.
I’m waiting to hear back on my petition to get into the paramedic cohort for this fall. I’m not optimistic, frankly. Spring semester was very rough, what with the bad reaction I had to the Prozac they put me on, and the stress over work and the truck. I should have the money to register for fall semester next week, at least, and then I can go for intermediate if I don’t make cohort. At least if I can manage to stay in school, I’m not in danger of losing my unemployment.
I’m trying to keep my spirits up, but I admit that I’ve been stressed and down a fair bit. The weather may have something to do with it, too - it’s been horribly hot, worse than normal. We didn’t manage to get the garden in, and our landlord has the backyard torn up in order to install drip irrigation.
I’m still planning to throw myself a nice birthday party on 8/21, though it looks like I’ll have to move it from my yard to the park down the road. That may actually be nicer, since the park has grass and trees and a playground. We can cook on the grill and have a good time.
Anyway, more later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to try to be there for your BD :-) No promises yet as I have to judge the weather. The heat did in one of the nerves in my ankle so now I have to baby it a bit to force it to heal, lol.