Tuesday, November 4, 2008

And now, for my next trick...

No going back now, if I'm telling everyone about it, right?

I'm going back to school next semester.
I've enrolled at CNM (the community college), and am going to become an EMT and hopefully Paramedic. If I go all the way, it'll be two years of classes. Not bad at all, and I could probably get work in the field once I finish EMT-Basic classes.
I'm already brushing up on my math and algebra skills for the placement tests. I'll go in for those next week, no appointment needed. The tuition is free, since I'm in the tax district. All I need to buy is textbooks and some basic equipment (hello, eBay?), and pay any fees. You bet I'm nervous! I haven't done any formal schooling in almost 20 years. This is a totally new field for me, even though I've been First Aid and CPR trained for ages, and have done chirurgeon work in the SCA as well. I have enjoyed doing that, and can use these skills not only for a career, but also for SCA, SilverMoon (the local pagan event healthcare volunteers), and if the world goes to heck in a handbasket.
Wish me luck!

No comments: