Monday, October 6, 2008

Safely landed

I'm back from my little jaunt to Indiana. Got in this afternoon, showered and took a well-deserved, much needed nap. Many thanks to all who helped me with crash space, rides and food!
I'm still kinda bummed that I didn't get a chance to run up the last 100 miles and see my mom. No gas money, even with the offer of a borrowed vehicle, and just not enough time to do it. I did call her, though, and it works out - she got called in to work that day after all and wouldn't have had time to spend with me!
Tomorrow, it's back to work. There should still be overtime, so I'm planning to go in early and start pulling more of those 12-hour days. Gotta get the brakes fixed, gotta get bills paid, and MileHiCon is the week after Khural... I'll rest in November, maybe.

No comments: