Sunday, April 29, 2007

Home again, such as it is.

Well, we flew home yesterday, then I drove the rest of the way from Chicagoland. Got to my place about 10 p.m. local time. Needless to say, I was very glad to see my bed!
Got up this morning and went to church. Told the rest of the folk who aren't online about my impending move. Everyone has been really supportive, and I'm glad to have friends who can share my happiness.
So now the fun begins; figuring out what to keep, what to leave, what to give away and what to just throw out. I'm going to be driving out, and my Bravada will tow a trailer, so that'll determine how much I can take with me to start with. That, coupled with being in an efficiency apartment for the first couple of months in Santa Fe, will make me streamline my material goods in a major way!
In addition, there's all the fun of dealing with changing addresses (I've had my main email address for 17 years!!), finding a bank or credit union, getting all my medical needs taken care of while I'm on this insurance, and all the other details of a move.
Guess I'd better get started!!

No comments: